Furuno INS Training CentreINSTC™ Singapore
“At INSTC™ Singapore, we provide Type-Specific FURUNO ECDIS Training for FMD-3100/FMD-3200/FMD-3300.”
FURUNO INS Training Centre (INSTC™) Singapore was established in 2011 to promote global safety ship operation. At INSTC Singapore, we offer Type Specific Furuno ECDIS Training for active sea navigators who have already received generic ECDIS Training.
CBT (Computer-Based Training)
- Internet connection is not necessary during training, it can be done offline with a PC and the CBT program.
- Trainees are free to schedule training according to their needs.
- ECDIS CBT Certificates are issued directly by FURUNO Japan upon completion of the course.
- The ECDIS CBT program can also be used for refresher training.
*Available only for FMD-3100/3200/3300. Click here for brochure.
- Familiarization with Available Functions
- Familiarization with Menu Structure
- Display Setup
- Setting of Safety Values
- Recognition of Alarms and Malfunction Indicators, and the Appropriate Actions to be taken.
- Route Planning
- Route Monitoring
- Changing to Back-up Systems
- Loading & Uploading of Charts and Licenses
- Updating of Charts
Our training programme is approved by ClassNK as fulfilling the requirements for ECDIS familiarization training specified by the ISM code subsections of 6.3 and 6.5.
We aim to equip users with the necessary skills to navigate vessels that carry an INS/IBS or an ECDIS.
Online training is also available, kindly contact us for more details.
Contact us to find out more on our INS Training Programme.